Friday, February 13, 2009

Superstitions and Valentine's Day

Today is Friday, February 13th.... ooooohhhhhh, the dreaded Friday the 13th!!! I've never been one of those superstitious people who dreads the 13th for fear of bad luck. Never believed in all the hooey of walking under ladders, breaking mirrors, four-leaf clovers and other hoo-haa. So does this day mean doom???? Nah, not to me. In fact, tonight the hubs and I plus Becca and Blake are going to see Friday the 13th and going out to eat. Hopefully to Saltgrass Steakhouse because I LOVE that place!!! And I've been patiently waiting for this remake to come out... not only because I love horror movies but because I can remember going to see the original at the movies with my mother and sister. And yes, I remember having the feeling that I was going to pee my pants when he jumped out of the water and pulled the girl out of the boat... after all, the movie was supposed to be over!



And tomorrow is Valentine's day.. .the day of love.... excuse me while I puke! I've never been a big romantic on Valentine's day. I think it's more commercialized than Christmas, my opinion only. I do not try to push my beliefs on others and I do celebrate it because of my loved ones. In fact, I just left Wal-mart picking up candy and stuffed animals for all those in my crazy little household. And every year, without fail, my loving father sends me and my sister roses to work. And this year was no exception. Of course, aside from the normal sterling roses, this year they were a very pretty pink. And I love them!!!!





This morning, I had a little extra time to dress Ms. Addy and fix her hair before I took her to the sitter's. They are having a Valentine's Day party today so I tried to dress her in an appropriate outfit. She actually has little pink and red hearts all over her suit. Here she is, sitting like a big girl in her PawPaw BJ's chair... maybe Valentine's Day isn't so bad after all....





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My on the next to last picture. But she is adorable in all of them. Just headstrong in some. Well, me too! Sometimes I don't feel like being exposed to the light either. I'm mostly Italian(&French)~we consider 13 & the Fridays of, lucky. ~Mary

Unknown said...

ADDY LOOKS SOOOOO SWEET WITH PRETTY LITTLE BOWS IN HER HAIR!!!! =] OHHH HOW I LOVE LOVE LOVE FRIDAY THE 13TH MOVIES AND OK, ALL HORROR MOVIES!!! BUT I AM WITH YOU ON THE SUPERSTITIONS!!!! =]

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Sooooooooooo precious!