Thursday, April 2, 2009

a recent revelation....

While I love my job and my co-workers, I've always felt something was missing here. I've searched and searched.

I've also often wondered how come I never went to school to become "something".

The answer came to me the other day as I was watching my kids.

What was missing at my job??? The fact that even though I'm needed and appreciated here, am I really making a difference in anyone's life by sitting behind a desk doing paperwork???? To me, no!

Why did I never go to school??? I could never decide on my true calling but I think I've figured it out.

I want to become a neonatal nurse. My friend, Amey, had her twins when she was only 5 mos pregnant. They are now 15 months old and doing great. My own Addy was 5 weeks early and has suffered few set backs.

I know I'm going to have a long road ahead of me and alot of learning I have to do, but I really want to do this. And I'm going to!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

That is sooo great!! I'm excited for you!!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

How awesome!!

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

Good luck!!! That sounds like a great job!

Anonymous said...

I think you should be bracingly honest with yourself and shoot for what you want to be but also realize that most of us make a difference in little ways that we don't even know.

My ex bf used to give his secretary Starbucks cards & Fridays off and when someone thought that was excessive he said: She saves my work life every day. :-)

The two people my Dad loved the most at his facility 1) the housekeeper, Julia, who kissed him on the forehead & brought him stuffed animals. 2) Marie, an aide who could barely speak English, but she showed him immense love every day & she was right there when he died.
A housekeeper and an aide made a difference and neither of them had much schooling. ~Mary