Monday, December 22, 2008

....'tis the season....


okay, so I know that I should be working instead of sitting here reminiscing of Christmases gone by... but it's freezing outside and motivation is hard to come by...

I have years of Christmas memories inbedded in my brain... some good, some not so... I remember the real trees that we used to have when I was younger. I used to think, oh wow, such a pretty tree. Now I would think they were a monstrosity. But Mom tried hard to make them the best she could. She would load it down with lights, garland and of course, silver icicle strands. Those things take forever to clean up.

I remember laying on the floor with my sister just to watch Frosty or Rudolph and Charlie Brown. Then off to bed we would go and I'd be forced to sing Away in the Manger just so she'd shut up.

I remember the anticipation of Christmas morning and wanting so bad to know what was under the tree. I don't ever remember being disappointed. Whether it be a small stuffed animal or the blue bikes with banana seats we got one year.

Then you grow up, now my memories of Christmas are filled with the joy on my children's face as they receive the gift they wanted so bad and the laughter of everyone being together. the memories of my own Christmas tree and helping decorate. Memories of my babies at momma's helping her decorate her house and tree.

I thought that those memories would soon be fading and then the Lord brought us Addison so as my own baby girl grows up and new beginning starts with our new angel baby.

I hope that each of you has as many wonderful Christmas memories as I do and here's looking forward to another 35 years full of more!

My wishes go out to each of you for a Blessed Christmas.

And to my brother, I still love you and even though you can't be with us this Christmas, know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Feliz Navidad!

1 comment:

beck2listen said...

I am wishing you a very merry Christmas, filled with peace and joy and lots of laughter! Don't forget, my dear friend, that you deserve nothing less than I....the stars and moon, the stars and moon!

Love ya!!