Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mi Vida Loca


Let's see... what's been going on since the last two months??? I am the proud mother of a new baby girl that was born on October 15th... no, for those of you wondering, I did not give birth. I, however, am adopting this precious angel. Ms. Addy. She has been a welcome addition to our family.


A month later, due to unforeseen emergency circumstances, I also took in my husband's two nephews (age 5 and 3) and his niece (age 2). So now I have six, count them, six children in my house. So you can imagine my life has been turned upside down. I took off the first week to get everyone settled in. I also cried alot during that week. This is only supposed to be a temporary situation and I will keep you all updated on this. Boy, was I ever glad to get back to work. With everyone in school and daycare and me back to work things seemed to be settling down.


Then Addison gets sick. We go to the dr for a visit and end up being admitted to the hospital with bronchitis, RSV, vomiting, diarrhea, high fever and a UTI. After four days we were finally allowed to go home. She is doing much better now and will have to have some tests run but we are praying that everything is okay.


Christmas has snuck up on us way too fast with everything else going on. I finally put a tree up, the little one because I just don't have time to fool with the big one. Got the lights on and that's where the story ends... lol... still no decorations. I suppose we will try to do that this weekend. Who knows.


Anyways, not much more going on than that.. .but hey, isn't that enough for anyone. Just taking each day as it comes and doing more praying than I've ever done in my life. It seems to help. And all this and no medication.... yea me!!!


Until next time.......


4 comments:

beck2listen said...

I think it will do you a lot of good. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

KCLC said...

All those times you watched the "Brady Bunch" did you ever think thay could be you? Lucky for Tom and Carol all of theirs were already potty trained.
The main thing is to just show as much love as you can to those babies. And remember, even the smallest of things at Christmas time are remembered as something wonderful and big in the eyes of a child.

Kristie Corpus said...

beautiful baby

!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Claremont First Ward said...

Just checking in to see how everything is going....:)